How to Apply
SCROLL DOWN BELOW: To apply – complete a pre-qualification Mortgage Counseling Questionnaire online, mail-in printed PDF, or visit our office.
Our office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Once we have received your form, you will receive a response by mail within 3-4 weeks.
You must meet all of the following requirements to qualify for the program:
- Have a need for affordable housing by meeting the income guidelines
- Includes income from Social Security, SSI, child support, and/or employment income.
- Does not include TANF, Unemployment, or Food Stamps.
- Have a clear marital status. No Separation. Acceptable status’ include:
- Have a workable credit history. No established credit will not affect eligibility. We do not use a credit score*.
- Medical and dental bills are not counted against you!
- Have 3 years stable income history.
- Be a permanent resident of Bexar County with proof of Social Security number.
- Be a first-time homebuyer or not have owned a home within the last three (3) years.
- Be willing to partner with Habitat by participating in sweat equity and homeowner education meetings.
*We pull credit reports to ensure workable credit history. Not having established credit will not affect eligibility. We do not use credit scores but do check for collection accounts and timely payments. Applicants whose credit reports show collections or accounts with past-due balances will need to resolve these issues before qualifying for the program.
Do you live in Bexar County or an adjacent county?
Habitat for Humanity of San Antonio is an equal opportunity homebuilder. Lot availability and prices are subject to change. All applications and pre-applications are subject to approval based on terms and conditions of Habitat for Humanity of San Antonio, which includes sweat equity. Some restrictions apply; see Habitat staff for more details.