The Role Of Volunteers
At HFHSA, volunteers are the heart of our organization. From board members to those directly involved in construction, volunteers make the difference.
More than 11,000 volunteers assist in various HFHSA activities each year. Our volunteers build houses, raise funds, work in our administrative offices, provide lunch for volunteers at the work site, work at our Home Centers and do much, much more for the San Antonio community.
As a matter of fact, volunteers are the reason HFHSA is able to build affordable, decent houses. Construction of Habitat houses is made possible through the labor of our homeowners working side by side with dedicated San Antonio volunteers every year.
There are several ways you can get involved in our great mission
- You can bring a lunch for our other hard working volunteers on the weekends
- You can volunteer
- You can bring your group to volunteer
The best part about it is that it is so simple to do. Here is how:
- **Attend a volunteer orientation -usually held the 1st Tuesday of each month.
- Fill out an application
- Turn in the application at the orientation or mail it to Volunteer Services at: 311 Probandt San Antonio, TX 78204
- Contact Volunteer Services to schedule a time to come out and work.
- **A representative from your group needs to attend an orientation- usually held the 1st Tuesday of each month.
- A representative needs to fill out a group application.
- Turn in the application at the orientation or mail to Volunteer Services 311 Probandt San Antonio, TX 78204
- A letter of confirmation and map will be sent out to your group about one week before your date.
Click here for Volunteer Forms.