How To Apply
You must meet all of the following requirements to qualify for the program:
- Have a need for affordable housing by meeting the income guidelines.
- Includes income from Social Security, SSI, child support, and/or employment income.
- Does not include TANF, Unemployment, or Food Stamps.
- Have a clear marital status. Acceptable status’ include:
- Have a workable credit history. NO credit is GOOD credit! We do not use a credit score.
- Medical and dental bills are not counted against you!
- Have 3 years stable income history.
- Be a permanent resident of Bexar County with proof of Social Security number.
- Be a first-time homebuyer or not have owned a home within the last three (3) years.
- Be willing to partner with Habitat by participating in sweat equity and homeowner education meetings.
Complete a pre-qualification form for a Habitat home. Contact Family Services at:
Habitat for Humanity of San Antonio
311 Probandt, San Antonio, TX 78204
phone: (210) 223-5203 fax: (210) 223-5536
Office Hours 8:30 – 4:30 M-F